Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I am procrastinating away....only 15 rows left of the VBBB (very boring baby blanket). Don't get me wrong-every stitch is carefully tended with love-but I can only do so much stockinette on straight needles before my brain goes completely haywire. So, instead, I am working on Toddle.

I love the Jaeger merino and I like the pattern because I have not done a lot of cabling and this gives me LOTS of practice. It's fast and not too brainless (the learning curve) and Alexander is in desperate need of a scarf. Unfortunately he lost his other one on the way home from library play group...so he needs a new one...and I am ever so happy to oblige.

Kerrie at Hip Knits just posted her newsletter and updated her site with more of her glorious handspun silk. I am so tempted but I think DH would kill me. I had bought 200g(about 320yd) of her handpainted silk at the Alexandra Palace Knitting and Stitching show--and I tell ya, I should have bought more. When I go cuddle my stash ;) I always have to fondle it. I am looking for the perfect eyelet pattern to make a nice simple narrow spring scarf out of it. If you have suggestions, I'm all ears!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home