Saturday, January 07, 2006


I have given Aibhlinn a start, finally. If anyone even bothers to read my blog you'd have noticed (maybe) that Aibhlinn had languished at about 5% finished since the blog's inception. It languished under that heading simply because there was no heading entitled "Frogpond". I didn't do the bobbles tightly enough and they literally 'dangled' off the edge of the work. I couldn't stand it so frogged it, cast it on and it sat there waiting for clappy to be finished so I could use that needle (slightly smaller at 4.5mm than 5mm, but it made all the difference). Snugging up the pre- and post- bobble stitches, I am happy with how they 'hang' now. One thing that is strange to me--and perhaps an indication that I am doing something wrong--is that in this pattern it seems though the 'wrong' side is more the 'right' side. The stockinette side of the 'wrong' side, and the 'back' of the bobble faces the 'right' side. Thank goodness it won't matter on this particular pattern-I will just turn it inside out, as I did for the photo above. Here is a detail comparing the bobbles....the left one is the 'wrong' side of the work bobble (the nicer face of the bobble) and the right is the 'right' side of the work's bobble(the less nice face of the bobble)...I will just think of knitting the pattern 'inside out' :) It's a nice easy thing to knit while watching TV...unlike learning toe up socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home